Login 

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 14 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: V8 Super Sooks
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:08 pm 
Foundation Member

These guys get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to drive and won't drive due to a bit of rain. What a joke! Has anyone seen footage of Bathurst 1987. These blokes need to grow some balls

Post subject: Re: V8 Super Sooks
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:32 pm 
Club Member

It's not the drivers call race control make the decisions safety is the number one priority there is another race tomorrow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:56 pm 
Club President and Foundation Member

FAVSSS wrote:
These guys get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to drive and won't drive due to a bit of rain. What a joke! Has anyone seen footage of Bathurst 1987. These blokes need to grow some balls

I was only discussing this very race with someone today and much in the same vein as yourself.

"and he is gasing it"..........also the second time Brock won (beit after the Texaco's were disqualified) in the second team car in which he was co-entered.

1994 was a tad wet too.

1973 another wet year.

The nanny state took over car racing years ago. Get rid of the safety car and let the drivers drive....and kit out the officials in all white and a red tie.

Cheers

GKW
Front wheel drive cars are the work of the Devil. Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:00 pm 

commodoress wrote:
It's not the drivers call race control make the decisions safety is the number one priority there is another race tomorrow

Quite true and the last post has a lot of tongue in check, but seriously the Homebush track is a demo derby at the best of times. Put the cars on a real race track in the wet and the results would be much better.

Cheers

GKW

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:15 pm 
Club Member

I was having the same argument while watching that. Just thinking of all of the millions of dollars sponsors have put into the cars and series and you have crying drivers walking around saying I dont want to go back out there. Last time I checked they get paid ridiculous money to drive a race car for 2 or 3 hours maybe once or twice a month.

What is wrong with driving to the conditions anyway. If the car wont go around the corner slow down a bit. Sadly this is happening all over the world, a little bit of water hits the track and everyone goes for the its to dangerous card.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:20 am 
Club Member

Something I picked up in one of those clips Brock was 27 when he won his first Bathurst I wonder how many he would have won if he got the early start they get to day.

COXI

:LL

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:59 pm 
Club Vice President and Foundation Member

Brock always said anything new that was thrown at you is just another challenge for you to overcome.If you dont like it then your not going to do well at it.
Divers and marshall's should man up and realise how good they have it these days,Wage's,Safty in the cars,Track and drive to the conditions as you always have to no matter what it is.
Iam sure there are alot of younger drivers that are waiting to get in the car no mater what the conditions just so they can drive.
If you get paid you work and if the track is unsafe in the wet than go to a RACE TRACK and race.
Pampered frigin drivers,Gives me the shits.Have to admit but,Aussie suppercar racing cant get any worse because its at rock bottom already.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:28 pm 
Club Member

Ive read that they want to buy the Aussie GT Championship, just as its on the verge of something big. Bet they just want to cut it down so it doesnt overtake them.

Heard on the coverage today that they put sandbags down the drains to keep the OHES people happy and protect the fishies. No wounder the streets flooded. Your right there Grant they should only be on race tracks not these fake streets.

Sadly this is the first year in my memory that I have not attended a V8 race. I wonder if they have a rainout policy to pay back all the big money people paid to sit in the rain and see no result. I have seen them bring back the clay at parramatta from worse conditions then that to get the show going.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:18 pm 
Have got to say that there was some pretty disappointing decisions this year , stopping for excessive rain , stopping for roadwork it's not really doing the sport much good. So much for real racing and driving to the conditions like the footage above
Not sure what's going to become of the series with the changes that are coming

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:49 pm 
Foundation Member

I had to laugh the other day when Mark Larkham said that touring car racing has come full circle and compared what's going to happen in 2017 to the series production racing of the late sixties,early seventies. HELLO! You could buy those cars in a showroom. The only thing these cars share with a road car they are supposed to represent is a badge. For gods sake the commodore isn't even the same size as the road car. They should just call it Australian NASCAR Championship. Touring cars should be built from factory cars. Not a generic chassis with some aluminium body panels. I couldn't believe what I witnessed this weekend. I'm pretty much done with it completely now

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:01 pm 

Maybe the following could be "Back to the Future"....multiple classes, multiple brands, production cars with various mods etc. One can only hope.

Cheers

GKW

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:02 pm 

Production racing is exciting to watch rubn racing & best thing is Monday you walk in and buy the same car how can it be any better than that.... sorry but I'm all for it not these sooks that cry over a mm of down force

its all the same motor racing NRL and the like back in day they worked hard during week to support there addiction no silver spoon if you where there you where there for the love of the sport not the dollars my 20 cents worth :soap:

Destroying your local raceway fortnightly!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:54 pm 
Club Vice President and Foundation Member

They dont want to drive in the rain but back in the day Brocky puts slicks on in the rain at Bathurst and calls it fun.How times have changed for the worst.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:36 pm 
Club Member

Well from the way they were talking on Sunday it sounded like channel 7 wont be the broadcaster next year is it going to foxtel ?

COXI

:LL

New Topic Post Reply  [ 14 posts ]