Login 

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: So what's happening....
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:58 pm 
Club President and Foundation Member

From some of the forum traffic it sounds like a few people have been out and about travelling or busy with some interesting activities....let us know what you have been up to.

As for me, work as always is busy, the week before last I was in Perth hitting the pavers seeing clients and revving up new business. Strange thing was, that for Perth it was the first time I was actually cold whilst in Perth. Perth is a huge sand pit which is blasting hot in summer and generaly mild in winter, but seeing someone in a cardie this trip just gone was a spin out. Seeing rain in Perth too is also a rarity.

So what has everyone been up to?

Cheers

GKW
Front wheel drive cars are the work of the Devil. Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:27 pm 
Foundation Member

Just watched the most intense game of footy I have seen in 20 years. Lucky for me my team won. C'mon Chookies! Blood pressures through the roof

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:50 pm 
Members Rep

I had a low key dinner with Holdenman to celebrate our 6 year anniversary then as per my normal weekend routine cleaned and polished my car ready for the car show on Sunday 16th September.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:13 pm 

Trying to shoe horn a ls1 m6 into a vl and whole car is just one big mess as its still in fab and body prep stages :(

Destroying your local raceway fortnightly!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:26 pm 
Club Vice President and Foundation Member

Iam working my ass off day and night so i can pay for this car i can't stop spending money on.lol.
I must have a car cleaner than GKW.lol. His hard to beat.lol.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:45 pm 
Club President and Foundation Member

Damn I was hoping my life would get quieter with some extra bods at work to share the load but it ain't. Still busier than a one armed wallpaper hanger, but then again it's better to be busy than bored I guess.

I've recently gone and bought some additional materials for stage 2 of the VT boot install but finding the time to get back into finishing the next part is tough. I even got a box of "new old stock" goodies sitting here (picked up for a real good price) waiting to be fitted up to the VT, but once again, looks like Xmas before any of that stuff will get near Honky.

For anyone interested, check out this seller on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/lionsden_hol ... 7675.l2562

Plenty of interesting bibs and bobs for the Commodores and other Holden models at pretty good prices.

Cheers

GKW
Front wheel drive cars are the work of the Devil. Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:46 pm 
Club Member

Well we recently bought an LJ Torana project. So have been working the last few weeks redesigning the garage to fit in. Got a mezzanine floor in, now have to get the floor sealed and painted before I redo the wiring. After that I have a ton of work planned for summer on the VH. I promise this time to take plenty of photos and do a little blog on what I do, I am the worst teacher and dont record much, once its designed it gets built. I will get up some of my designs for the boot storage later, most over engineered piece of wood you will find on any car.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:38 pm 
Club Vice President and Foundation Member

Sounds like a buisy summer for you.Going to be hotin the shed putting cars together.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:20 pm 
Club Member

Well you know been busier then a eskimo shovelling snow with all the fire activity at the moment yesterday I went down Milton way out along Clyde Ridge road man never seen so much dust it was so thick that we had to stop a couple of times to let the dust clear Greg would have had a heart attack we almost got to Pigeon House Mountain it took us 1 hour driving west from Milton spoke to a few people in regards to their intensions if they were going to stay or leave early if the fire jumps the containment lines met some very nice people in to the bargin.

COXI

:LL

New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ]