Login 

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:44 pm 
Club President and Foundation Member

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-shows/cad ... 3uj6d.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cadillac chief Johan de Nysschen has all but confirmed the American luxury brand will be back in Australia by 2019.

Speaking at the 2015 Geneva motor show, de Nysschen said it was "very likely" a range of right-hand drive Cadillacs would be developed for markets such as Australia as part of a global expansion to tackle BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Audi and other luxury brands.

When asked if it was a foregone conclusion that Cadillac would be sold in Australia soon he said: "I would say so, yes."

The strong words are the latest from senior Cadillac and GM executives that Australia would likely be adding Cadillac to its expanding lineup of luxury models.

"We will be finalising our portfolio planning on right-hand drive strategy by the end of this year," said de Nysschen.

It would include a range of models, including likely the next generation ATS-V and at least one SUV.

Cadillac is in the throes of expanding its model lineup and building its high performance V sub-brand, currently limited to the CTS-V and ATS-V.

"As we look at our product portfolio going forward it's quite clear to us V is very much for us … is the ultimate performance version. The cars you select that can live up to that really high standard are relatively narrow.

"It doesn't mean there will be a V-Series in each category. We can certainly expect to see an expansion of the lineup of the future.

"I'd really want to work with the team so we establish V as a sub-brand for Cadillac, which means you do need to spread it across a wide range of derivatives than where we are today."

But de Nysschen ruled out chasing the German manufacturers on doing niche body styles that expanded the brand appeal but were costly to develop and produce.

"I don't think we want to get to the point where we are so desperately chasing every micro-niche in the quest for more volume that we end up diverting resources to give one customer the choice of two or three cars.

"For me, the next ten-year journey is about really setting back Cadillac at the very top of the triangle in terms of aspirational brand appeal. We have to do so with a broader product portfolio than we have today … dramatic expansion … but not derivatives of derivatives."

De Nysschen said much of the investment and expansion would involve developing new powertrains that better competed with the best out of Europe, as well as electric or partial electric vehicles and hydrogen-powered fuel cells.

One thing weighing on the minds of Cadillac and General Motors executives will no doubt be the failed 2009 attempt to relaunch the brand in Australia. Cars has already landed in the country when GM was forced to shelve the idea as its parent company, GM, filed for bankruptcy in the United States.

This story was found at: http://www.drive.com.au/motor-shows/cad ... 3uj6d.html

Cheers

GKW
Front wheel drive cars are the work of the Devil. Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:02 pm 
Club Member

As long as they are rear wheel drive and built in the US or Canada I dont see a major problem with this.

I also like the talk from GM about the hydrogen fuel cells. They are a much better fuel alternative for gasoline as it can be distributed in much the same way. Its also something we can produce locally. Only thing stopping us is the power of the oil currency.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:23 am 
Club Vice President and Foundation Member

Going to be stuck with USA looking cars.
We made our own cars then GM took it of us and is going to try and sell us their xxxx.
I realy dont think that they know what type of cars Aussie's like cause if they did they wouldn't be talking thier Brands all the time.
It's just like when Sidcrome stoped being Australian made.Another icon gone and where running out of them fast.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:38 pm 
Club Member

I just read more into this and just realized they will be V6 turbo. In the great words of Gus Gould, NO NO NO NO NO. Muscle cars are really dead in this country if thats what we end up getting.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:33 pm 
Club Vice President and Foundation Member

They had supercharger's it the vt and didn't last long.
New Muscle car is is going to be gone but not the old one's.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]