Register
Login 

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:19 pm 
Club President and Foundation Member

If we can organise some preference voting like last weekends senate election, then we could snare this one, and start getting real cars back onto the race track.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skaife confirms exit from Commission role
Thursday 12th September, 2013 5:14pm
Author: Stefan Bartholomaeus ©

V8 Supercars is officially on the lookout for a new Commission Chairman following confirmation that Mark Skaife will vacate the role when his current two-year term expires in October.

Skaife announced today that he will not contest the October election for the position.

As previously reported, discontent among teams had put pressure on the former five-time V8 Supercars champion driver to rescind the role.

A V8 Supercars statement said that Skaife will now take on the role of ‘Strategic Business Development’, as well as advising the Board.

It is yet to be confirmed whether Skaife will continue in the V8 Supercars TV commentary role that he has held since 2009.

“I am enormously proud and honoured to be the very first Commission Chair and of the incredible success of the new generation product which has led to the best racing in history,” he said of stepping down from the Commission.

“The Commission has worked diligently to guide V8 Supercars through the Car of the Future introduction and in making decisive sporting recommendations to the Board.

“At times there has been robust and passionate debate but that has led to significant outcomes, making the Commission a critical part of the overall Governance of the sport.

“I thank each and every member of the inaugural Commission for their support of me as Chairman; and of the professional and meticulous work it has done.

“I look forward to stepping up within V8 Supercars in a broader strategic and business development role to assist James (Warburton, CEO) and the Board through the next stage of growth.”

Potential new candidates for the Commission Chairman role are currently unclear, with considerable knowledge of both the sport’s business and technical facets thought to be key attributes.

The Independent Commission member position, which has been held by Chris Lambden since its establishment in 2011, will also be the subject of an October election.

Cheers

GKW
Front wheel drive cars are the work of the Devil. Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:41 pm 
Club Vice President and Foundation Member

I think they realy dont want to now what the public think.
I think its just plain boring now.
Watched a bit on the weekend and it did nothing for me as i dont like nascars and can't realy tell one from the other.
Bro inlaw said the same thing.
Back in the day it was raceing with no contact hardly,Now its juds push and shove to get to the front.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ]